BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Our volunteers are the heart of ASPB. The ASPB Volunteer Program is an opportunity for undergraduate students with a deep interest in event programming or marketing to get involved with planning and executing ASPB events. The volunteer program offers many opportunities to develop professional and leadership skills in a fun, fast-paced environment by working with vendors, campus administrators and ASPB directors to make ASPB events come to life!
ASPB hires a total of five volunteers in programming in the spring and fall quarters of each school year — each volunteer belonging to either the Concerts, Special Events, Films & Lectures, Contemporary Culture, Marketing or Membership divisions. The volunteers contribute to the development and implementation of all events while supporting their respective divisions. ASPB also hires a group of volunteers for the events team who are not assigned to a particular division but instead serve all events.
All Volunteers must fulfill the following requirements: Maintain a quarterly AND cumulative 2.5 GPA Attend volunteer bi-weekly/weekly meetings with division directors Attend all ASPB meetings Complete any assigned projects from leadership or directors Work Block Party, Winter SOULstice and Spring Splash concerts Work all events within their own respective division along with two additional events each quarter.
BECOME A DIRECTOR
Directors are hired in the winter quarter to start the following academic year. They consist of two directors each for the Concerts, Special Events, Contemporary Culture, and Films & Lectures divisions, and four directors for the Marketing division. All events put on by ASPB require a majority vote by all directors. The Leadership division consists of the chairperson, vice chairperson and marketing chairperson, however they must be a current board member with at least one year experience in order to apply.
Incoming directors begin training during the prior spring quarter. Director positions are full-year commitments and are held to a high standard of responsibility. The director position requires a time commitment of about 20 hours a week, which includes eight mandatory office hours per week, attendance at ALL ASPB events, weekly board meetings, division meetings and regular division volunteer meetings.
- Must be full-time enrolled undergraduate students
- Must maintain a quarterly AND cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn and ask questions
- Highly responsible and accountable, especially in follow through
- Maintain organized files and budget; strict adherence to deadlines
- Maintain a level of professionalism in all correspondence and interactions with campus officials and students
- Leadership capability and flexibility in working with others as a follower
- and leader in a team
- Dedicated and strong work ethic; willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of job and duties
- Responsible and capable communication skills that demonstrate professionalism and promote an aware and inclusive environment
- Past experience through the volunteer program is strongly recommended and considered