This year, ASPB will award $20,000 each quarter in programming co-sponsorship grants to a variety of student organizations and campus departments at UC Riverside. This co-sponsorship grant will help fund programs that contribute to the vibrancy and diversity of the UCR campus community.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for a ASPB co-sponsorship grant, begin by completing the online application and submitting a budget sheet. Please review the guidelines on this page and in the online application to ensure you are in compliance with all of the co-sponsorship grant guidelines. The online application will request basic information about your event. The budget sheet will require you to come up with a working budget for your program that will need to be submitted separately. Please make sure that the numbers you present in your budget sheet are accurate, as ASPB will refer to this when deciding the exact fund allocation. Keep in mind that the more information you present on the application, the easier it will be for ASPB to get a clear picture of your event. After you submit your application, ASPB will notify you via email to confirm that the application was received.
After ASPB confirms that your application has been received, you will be asked to present your event proposal to the ASPB board. This is a chance for you to give an overview of your event to the board and for the board members to clarify any questions they may have. You will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for a date and time for your presentation. You must send a representative from your organization to give the presentation who is KNOWLEDGABLE of the event and budget. If you are unable to present to the board, ASPB will deny your application for co-sponsorship. The presentation should be no more than 5 minutes and should cover the following areas:
- An overview of your event (date, time, location, etc.) and how it will benefit the UCR campus community.
- An overview of the budget. Please propose the co-sponsorship grant amount you are asking for and how that money will be used. Be as specific as possible. Co-sponsorship grants are NOT meant to completely fund events; your group should offer its own resources to the event.
- An overview of the marketing. As co-sponsors your event, we ask that you place our logo on all the marketing pieces of your event.
The ASPB board will review each organization’s application and presentation. The board then votes on each event proposal to determine exact fund allocations. Not all event proposals will be awarded co-sponsorship grants. You will be notified by email regarding your co-sponsorship grant status. If your organization receives a co-sponsorship grant, a representative from your organization must meet with the ASPB chair/advisor to discuss the fund allocation. Even if your organization does not receive a co-sponsorship grant, ASPB will be more than happy to lend our programming advice if needed.
Below are the ASPB Co-Sponsorship Grant Guidelines that each group must follow if they are awarded a co-sponsorship grant:
- Only UC Riverside student organizations and departments are eligible for co-sponsorship opportunities (i.e. no senior thesis projects, individual proposals, etc. are eligible).
- Student organizations and departments must fill out BOTH the ASPB co-sponsorship grant online application and submit a budget sheet before the appropriate deadlines. Failure to submit either the online application or budget sheet by the deadlines will result in nullification of the application.
- Event must be open and marketed to all UC Riverside students.
- ASPB will not be responsible for designing marketing, however, ASPB may grant funding for marketing.
- The organization must send a representative knowledgeable of the budget and event to present the event proposal to the board at an assigned date and time.
- The ASPB board will review each organization’s application, budget and presentation as a whole. The board will then vote on each event to determine the exact fund allocations. Not all event proposals will receive a co-sponsorship grant.
- After a co-sponsorship grant has been awarded, the organization must meet with the ASPB chair/advisor to discuss the event and the funding for it. Failure to do so will result in ASPB retracting the funds that were awarded.
- The ASPB logo and/or name must appear as a co-sponsor on all marketing materials promoting the event.
- All marketing will include a disclaimer stating: "ASPB co-sponsorship grant of this event does not constitute an endorsement of the views and opinions expressed."
- Events will be evaluated for a co-sponsorship grant based on the organization’s objectives to provide quality programming for undergraduate students’ enrichment.
- An ASPB representative(s) will attend the co-sponsorship event.
- ASPB cannot retroactively fund events, which means that we cannot co-sponsor an event that has already passed.
Fall 2019 Co-Sponsorship Applications will be available Monday, September 23rd and due October 5th by 5 PM. Must submit an application and budget sheet to qualify. For more information please contact Chairperson, Judy Tu (firstname.lastname@example.org)