Become a Director
Directors are hired in the winter quarter to start the following academic year. They consist of two directors each for the Concerts, Special Events, Contemporary Culture, and Films & Lectures divisions, and four directors for the Marketing division. All events put on by ASPB require a majority vote by all directors. The Leadership division consists of the chairperson, vice chairperson and marketing chairperson, however they must be a current board member with at least one year experience in order to apply.
Incoming directors begin training during the prior spring quarter. Director positions are full-year commitments and are held to a high standard of responsibility. The director position requires a time commitment of about 20 hours a week, which includes eight mandatory office hours per week, attendance at ALL ASPB events, weekly board meetings, division meetings and regular division volunteer meetings.
- Must be full-time enrolled undergraduate students
- Must maintain a quarterly AND cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn and ask questions
- Highly responsible and accountable, especially in follow through
- Maintain organized files and budget; strict adherence to deadlines
- Maintain a level of professionalism in all correspondence and interactions with campus officials and students
- Leadership capability and flexibility in working with others as a follower and leader in a team
- Dedicated and strong work ethic; willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of job and duties
- Responsible and capable communication skills that demonstrate professionalism and promote an aware and inclusive environment
- Past experience through the volunteer program is strongly recommended and considered
Become a Volunteer
Our volunteers are the heart of ASPB. The ASPB Volunteer Program is an opportunity for undergraduate students with a deep interest in event programming or marketing to get involved with planning and executing ASPB events. The volunteer program offers many opportunities to develop professional and leadership skills in a fun, fast-paced environment by working with vendors, campus administrators and ASPB directors to make ASPB events come to life!
ASPB hires a total of five volunteers in programming in the spring and fall quarters of each school year — each volunteer belonging to either the Concerts, Special Events, Films & Lectures, Contemporary Culture, Marketing or Membership divisions. The volunteers contribute to the development and implementation of all events while supporting their respective divisions. ASPB also hires a group of volunteers for the events team who are not assigned to a particular division but instead serve all events.
All Volunteers must fulfill the following requirements:
- Maintain a quarterly AND cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Attend volunteer bi-weekly/weekly meetings with division directors
- Attend all ASPB meetings
- Complete any assigned projects from leadership or directors
- Work Block Party, Winter SOULstice, and Spring Splash concerts
- Work all events within their own respective division along with two additional events each quarter